The Knowledge Cities World Summit (KCWS)
The Knowledge Cities World Summit (KCWS) is the annual conference of the World Capital Institute, which brings not only profile and prestige to the hosting city, butenables active engagement with leading global thinkers and practitioners across all aspects of knowledge-based urban development.
• 15th KCWS. San Juan, Puerto Rico (hybrid format). Nov. 16-18. Actionable Knowledge for the Anthropocene.
• 14th KCWS. Caxias do Sul, Brazil (virtual). Nov. 16-19, 2021. Knowledge Cities for the Anthropocene.
• 13th KCWS. Tijuana, México (virtual). Nov. 10-13, 2020. City Preparedness for Climate Change.
• 12th KCWS. Florianópolis, Brazil. Nov. 4-7. Sustainability and Innovation in the Knowledge Economy.
• 11th KCWS. Tenerife, Spain. Nov. 20-22. Knowledge Regions and Knowledge Islands.
• 10th KCWS. Arequipa, Peru. Jun 20-22, 2017. Emerging Knowledge Cities.
• 9th KCWS. Vienna, Austria. Oct. 12-13. 2016. Knowledge for Development.
• 8th KCWS. Daegu, Korea. Jun 14-18, 2014. Open Innovation, Knowledge City & Creative Economy.
• 7th KCWS. Tallinn, Estonia. Sep. 23-27, 2014. Knowledge-based Services.
• 6th KCWS. Istanbul, Turkey. Sep. 9-12, 2013. Establishing bridges.
• 5th KCWS. Matera, Italy. June 13-15, 2012: Knowledge, Innovation and Sustainability: Integrating micro and macro perspectives.
• 4th KCWS. Bento Gonçalves, Brazil. Oct. 26-27, 2011. Knowledge Based development and the Global South.
• 3rd KCWS. Melbourne, Australia. Nov. 16-19, 2010. Knowledge Cities: From Theory to Practice.
• 2nd KCWS. Shenzhen, China. Nov. 5-6, 2009. Knowledge Cities across the World.
• 1st KCWS. Monterrey, México. Oct. 16-20, 2007. The Global Knowledge Based Development Agenda.